3) The Third way that you could help is to sign up with the Canadian Equal Parenting Council to become an Equal Equal Parenting Ambassador. The Canadian Equal Parenting Council is currently looking for people like you to be Family Law Reform Ambassadors in your riding / area.
As an Equal Equal Parenting Ambassador, you can help in the campaign to get support of Equal Equal Parenting Private Members Bill C-422, by introducing Bill C-422 to your local Member of Parliament. As there are 304 Members of Parliament, there are many Equal Equal Parenting Ambassadors needed.
If you would like to become a Family Law Reform Ambassador for your riding or area, please contact either Kris Titus, Co-President of the CEPC, or George Piskor, Co-President of the CEPC.
To contact Kris Titus click here
To contact George Piskor click here
You can also call Kris Titus at (905) 987-5777 or Toll Free at 1-888-345-2262 ext. 703
4) Another way that you can help ensure that Private Members Bill C-422 gets passed is to click on the following link and sign our Equal Equal Parenting Family Law Reform in Canada Petition. We are attempting to get 1 Million (or more) Canadians to sign the petition in support of reforming the Divorce Act by passing Private Members Bill C-422 and implementing the default position of Rebuttable Equal Equal Parenting in the Canadian Family Courts.
5) Another way that you can help ensure that Private Members Bill C-422 gets passed, is to put together your own Equal Equal Parenting Petition and get it signed by people in your community, and mail it to your local Member of Parliament, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Justice Minister Rob Nicholson, as well as the leaders of the other Major Political Party’s of Canada. (Please refer to Paragraph #2 for the mailing addresses of each party’s leader.)
To view Cross Canada Run For The Children’s Petition, please click on the title.
6) Another way to help would be to organize and hold a peaceful demonstration in front of your Member of Parliament’s office and invite the Media to attend.
7) Another way to help would be to organize and hold a peaceful demonstration in front of your city’s Superior Court Of Justice and invite the Media to attend.
8) David is also looking for volunteers to help with the planning and organization of the For The Sake Of The Children Marathon Of Hope. If you believe that you could be of assistance and would like to help, please contact Dave at email@example.com
A support crew is needed, including drivers for the support vehicle, as well as other positions. If you would like to volunteer your time for the support crew, please contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org
9) Lastly, come out and Run, or Bike with Dave as he tries to break the World Record for the Fastest Crossing of Canada on Foot (Male). Join Dave along the way for 1 km, 2 kms, 5 kms, 10 kms, a Half Marathon (21 kms), or a Full Marathon (42 kms). Dave would love to have people join him and show their support of Equal Equal Parenting.
This website will be updated with the route Dave will be running across Canada, as well as daily updates during the For The Sake Of The Children Marathon of Hope to let people who want to join Dave know when he is running in their area.
“I thank you in advance for your support. With you help, I believe that we can make Canada a better Nation for our Children, and our Children’s Children. A Nation they can truly be proud of. Thank You. Your support is greatly appreciated.” – Dave Nash